Saturday, June 11, 2016

From endings come beginnings......

When I look back on this blog, I really see a progression. Writing has truly enriched my life.  And helped me come to terms with Maxine. And my own illness. But I know when I've achieved completion. And I'm there. The problem has been figuring out an exit strategy. And because of a conversation with a 17 year old friend yesterday (Thank you, Riley!) I have one. First, the book is still the end game.  I want to hold this story in my hands before I die. I have had many set backs on the way to that goal.  Equipment failure....my own insecurity....self-sabotage.....life in general. But I can't fight those things by saying the same things over and over.

My problem has been that I have loyal readers.  And I don't want to lose you while I'm figuring out how to complete the book.  You enrich my life.  You have given me the motivation to keep writing.  And I literally cannot see accomplishing my end game without you. So, here is the plan.  I will keep the space alive by re-posting articles.  I have over 450 to choose from.  Most of you haven't been with me that long. If I have something new to say....I will. And I plan to rely on you in many ways.  I need your encouragement. I need you to hang with me.  At some point...I may need you to help me publicize fundraising efforts.  (You know I need editing!)

I believe in this project because I have this urge to pull the story together now.  I'm not scared.... I'm enthusiastic. I just need to get through the complications.  Just like I did with the depression and my move to Tennessee.  No big deal. I can do it. But I need your support.  Are you with me?  Please let me know.  Sending much love.........

No comments: