Friday, January 15, 2016

Complications and choosing not to leave.........

I'm taking a break from my previously announced topic which was work and mental illness.  Instead, I'm going to talk about determination and persistence.  And how difficult it can be to find those things.  I'm facing a roadblock. It is one that I've experienced before.  I appear to have the worst luck with computers. And my computer has died.  In speaking with a computer professional.... I found out that it may have succumbed to a problem that this brand and model frequently has. So, what does a person who has lived with depression do when faced with this kind of cataclysmic event?                                                

Here is what I did.  I found myself battling hopelessness.  In spite of the fact that my beautiful daughter gifted me with a tablet until we can create a better solution.  I can still write.  My solution may take some time to appear. Finances and life are getting in the way. So, this post finds me feeling my way through using a much smaller tool.  And predictably, it isn't easy. Doing a book on this tool may be impossible.  But I'm still writing. And I'm finding my mojo again.  It hasn't been instantaneous.  I've spent almost a week feeling sorry for myself.  Which is really a much shorter recovery time than I'm used to.

Can I do it in spite of this challenge?  I'm going to work on it.  My tablet and I are making friends as I write this article.  If you notice more typos and mistakes as I write,  forgive me. This tool isn't as Judy friendly as I would like.  But we will both make it through.  I have no real choice.  Hopelessness isn't an option. And a computer would be a really stupid reason to fall into the pit. Can you relate to my struggle?  Sometimes the challenges to our recovery occur in the most trivial places.  I'm gonna choose hope.  In spite of the struggle.  How about you?  Let's talk.  Sending love........

No comments: